In harsh environments involving high temperatures, wash-down requirements, heavy particulate matter or the presence of chemicals capable of damaging components (NEMA 4 or 12 environments), ambient air must be kept out of the enclosure.
Pfannenberg Cooling Units seals out the ambient air, cooling and re-circulating clean, cool air throughout the enclosure.
When are cooling units necessary?
- If cooling cannot be accomplished by the outside air.
- If the temperature required inside the electrical cabinet should be equal to or lower than the ambient temperature.
- If the ambient air is strongly contaminated with oil or conductive dusts.
- When higher ingress protection is required (Type rating).
Important for the use of Cooling Units:
- Ensure a good supply of air intake and outtake from the external circuit of the cooling unit, so that thermal energy can be transferred to the surroundings.
- The lowest temperature inside the enclosure may not necessarily be the best. The 95 °F (35 °C) preset by Pfannenberg represents a good compromise between service life and the accumulation of condensation.